Quoting Andreas Johansson <[log in to unmask]>:

> Quoting "Thomas R. Wier" <[log in to unmask]>:
>
> > Quoting Nik Taylor <[log in to unmask]>:

> > > Reminds me of "Democratic Monarchism", the political philosophy
> > behind
> > > the Fifth Kassi Empire.  I don't know their language well enough to
> > know
> > > how to say it, tho.  :-)
> >
> > Reminds me of Phaleran:  _Andūrprās_ "Rule by the whim or fancy of
> > a hereditary autocrat".
>
> That seems to cram alot of meaning into three syllables. Would you break it
> down to morphemes?

The first morpheme is _andūr_, which is the Phaleran word for
spontaneous or unpremeditated action. _Prās_ originally meant
just "council" (as in _Prāstyumen_, the "Council of Twenty",
the board which enforces adherence to state ideology in matters
of religion and science), but its meaning has become a general
marker of government type, and sometimes, like English _theocracy_,
it is rule *by virtue* of some characteristic or feature.

Thomas Wier            "I find it useful to meet my subjects personally,
Chicago, IL 60637