En réponse à Andreas Johansson :

>I meant anade_w_ism literally - some natlang is supposed to have a ten times
>worse version of whatever weirdity I can think up. Something like you
>described for Maggel, perhaps, or a language there numbers ending in 1 4 7 or
>9, plus those divisible by 21, require the noun to be in the dual, the rest
>singular, except zero, which requires feminine nouns to be in the plural and
>masculine ones in a nullar number only used for this.*

Hehe, you should take a look at the Arabic number system. Check the
"Turkish and Arabic" message at
http://www.livejournal.com/community/linguaphiles/327787.html.
It must be the most complicated system I've seen for a natural language :))
. Of course, there must be a language which does it even more complicatedly
out there ;))) .

Oh, and note that I got the idea of nouns agreeing with the number part in
*front* of them from some natlang which does do that (I'm thinking Breton,
but I'm actually not sure anymore which one it was :((( . I think Latin
could have such tricks too).

Christophe Grandsire.

http://rainbow.conlang.free.fr