>> I've recently been looking at Sebastian's XSLT for converting TEI <xptr>
>> and was wondering if anyone has attempted to a wite a stylesheet allowing
>> conversion of <xptr> to w3c xinclude/xpointer syntax? Or if this is even
>> possible?  (I'm thinking specifically of <xptr>'s with @from and/or @to
>> PATTERNs and how problematic that might be.)
>
>I'd be surprised if it was impossible in XSLT. but equally it may not be
>efficient with plain XSLT 1.0. With XSLT 2.0 and/or exslt extensions it
>is hard to see any reason not to proceed with an implementation - if you
>are 100% you know what the rules are :-}

I'm very confident that I *don't* know all the rules either of TEI <xptr>
or indeed xpointer!  I've become more familiar with XSLT 2.0, but don't
think anything I wrote to do such a conversion would be very efficient -
but something to try one day.

-James
--
Dr James Cummings, [log in to unmask], http://www.uea.ac.uk/~q503
Cursus Project, School of Music, University of East Anglia,