En réponse à Mark J. Reed :

>Well, basically, right-handed people's brains are in many respects
>generally the same as each other, while left-handed people's brains are
>not only not like right-handed  people's brains, but not even like each
>other's brains.

Yay us! ;))))

>Beyond structural dependencies, in which the function depends on
>the particular type of brain matter and therefore can't move around
>much, neuroscientists have identified general areas of the brain
>responsible for certain specialized functions, The exact location
>varies with the individual, but in right-handed people the variation
>among the population is not that wide.  In left-handed people,
>however, functional areas show up in completely different places.
>Sometimes they have moved to the other hemisphere, but not always
>or even usually - it's not a simple matter of swapping left and
>right to agree with handedness.

Of course not! I've also heard that studies had shown that synaptic
connections between the two hemispheres were more numerous in left-handed
people's brains than in right-handed people's ones (thus making
communications between the two hemispheres more important than in
right-handed brains). In other words, brains of left-handed people would be
*less* lateralised than brains of right-handed people (which in my opinion
is compatible with what you are saying). So left-handedness is not
associated really with a swap of lateralisation but with a lessening of
said lateralisation.

Christophe Grandsire.

http://rainbow.conlang.free.fr