 --- JS Bangs wrote:

> As for your second question: no. All languages[1]
> have at least two categories: verbs and nouns.
> Sometimes adjectives act like nouns (English, German),
> and sometimes they act like verbs (Japanese, Thai).
> But verbs never act like nouns without special morphology/syntax.
>
> [1] Except for some Languages Of Unusual Structure
> (LOUS's) which are reported to exist by a thread here
> a few days  ago. Personally, I don't beleive they exist.

Well, I'm working on one where all words are verbs, with inflections
that can make them noun-like or adjective-like.  I've got a good deal
worked out in gloss form, but the actual phonetic content is still to
come.  When I get my own computer back in order, I'll probably send out
a long post on it.

Estel

> Jesse S. Bangs [log in to unmask]
> http://students.washington.edu/jaspax/
> http://students.washington.edu/jaspax/blog
>
> Jesus asked them, "Who do you say that I am?"
>
> And they answered, "You are the eschatological manifestation of the
> ground
> of our being, the kerygma in which we find the ultimate meaning of
> our
> interpersonal relationship."
>
> And Jesus said, "What?"

P.S.  I love this signature of yours!!