Quoting "Mark J. Reed" <[log in to unmask]>:

> On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 03:58:50PM -0400, <Wilhelm Ulrich Schlaier> wrote:
> > I am in need of a basic grammar for a conlang that is loosely based on
> > the PROTO-INDO-EUROPEAN section of a dictionary from forty or fifty
> > years ago. Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Well, this may be helpful: the online version of the American Heritage
> Dictionary includes that P-I-E section.  Go to http://www.bartleby.com/61/
> and scroll down to the "Indo-European Roots"  heading.

Budding Semiticists should also check out John Huenergard's article
on Proto-Semitic.  (Huehnergard has done much of his work on the
Semitic languages of remote Antiquity, and is the author of the best
textbook in English available for Akkadian.)

Thomas Wier            "I find it useful to meet my subjects personally,
Chicago, IL 60637