Quoting Markus Miekk-oja <[log in to unmask]>:

> Swedish parts of speech:
>
> >nouns
> >verbs
> >adjectives
> >adverbs
> >prepositions
> >conjunctions
> >articles
> >interjections
> >infinitival marker
> >participles
> >
> >I'm thinking those were all, but I might've missed one or two.
>
> Conjunctions are often divided into two in Swedish:
> subjunctions and conjunctions
> subjunctions are such conjunctions that introduce a subclause.
> ("subordinating conjunctions").

But the book I'm refering did not, as far as I can recall.

> I've never seen participles counted separately - I take it you mean the
> one's with auxiliry verbs. Wouldn't those rather be a class in clause
> analyzis? (grouped with such concepts as subject, object, etc.)?

Participles with auxiliary verbs? I'm not sure what you mean.

I do not know why the book listed participles as a separate part of speech,
but it did, and apparently included all participles.

> I guess you could have a class of postpositions separately from prepositions
> in Swedish too, but they're extremely rare (the only one I'd ever use
> postpositionally is "förutan").

There's a couple more, like _igenom_ with periods of time, eg _medeltiden
igenom_.

> You've also omitted "numerals" (tho' I see the distinction adjective /
> numeral to be highly artificial in Swedish. Numerals would fit better as a
> subset of adjectives).

That's one I forgot. The book definitely listed numerals ("räkneord") as a
separate part of speech.

> That's 13 if you add
> pronouns
> numerals
> subjunctions

The lack of pronouns in my list above was a mere tpyo.

                                                             Andreas