Quoting mathias <[log in to unmask]>:

> (i) Verbal voices:
>
> The verbal voice tags switched from Cai- prefixes to reduplications,
> but the system itself is untouched.
>
> sirati "lesson"
> sira-ra-ti "to learn"
> sira-sirati (uyu) "to teach (to)"
> si-sirati "to be learned"
> si-sira-sirati "to be taught" (the lesson is taught)
> sai-sira-siratinyu "to be taught to" (the child is taught)

This seems unusual to me.  In all the cases of reduplication
that I recall, the reduplicating process does not occur inside
of some other affix.  Indeed, in Meskwaki, reduplication applies
*both* to roots and to inflectional affixes.

Thomas Wier            "I find it useful to meet my subjects personally,
Chicago, IL 60637