Marv Gozum @ JHN <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Yes, I do all the time, and it sometimes finds me when at other dive
sites,
>its a Nassau Grouper named Jerry, its partner Ben was eaten last
>year.  They are estimated to be 10-20 years old.  Grouper fishing is now
>banned in LYB.

Marv,

Where are you talking about?  Where is "LYB"?  I'm sure I'm supposed to
know, but I don't :) and I bet I'm not the only one.

In Little Cayman last year there were several nassau groupers that seemed
unafraid.  One allowed some divers to pet it, and this was encouraged by
the DM on the Cayman Agressor.  I've always been concerned that such
contact would distrub the protective coating on the outside of the fish.
Any thoughts anyone.?

Dive safe,

/Don