Jan van Steenbergen scripsit:

> > (I, too, am a fanatic drinker of milk--nothing wrong with that. Go through
> > two gallons--7.5l--a week.)
>
> How much is that in litres? I'm used to two - three litres a day, sometimes
> more (max. 5, I think).

By "7.5l" he means, indeed, 7.5 liters.  The U.S. customary gallon is
3.79 liters, the Imperial gallon is 4.55 liters.

> "My dad is a drunk and my mother a whore, no wonder we're so devastatingly
> poor."

This actually rhymes in some varieties of American English, those that
make the keywords [hu@\r] and [pu\@r].  The spelling pronunciation [hOr\]
is more normal for the former, however.  Some writers use the spelling
"hoor" to represent dialects that use [hu\r] -- usually stigmatized ones,
though an English professor of mine said it.

--
Yes, chili in the eye is bad, but so is your    John Cowan
ear.  However, I would suggest you wash your    [log in to unmask]