Quoting Joe <[log in to unmask]>:

> [...]

Probably not too much like Latin.  Latin in the Middle Ages
had broader social use than English in the Netherlands or Scandinavia
of today.  A better example might be the use of French among the Russian
aristocracy of the 18th and 19th centuries.

Thomas Wier            "I find it useful to meet my subjects personally,
Chicago, IL 60637