Tristan McLeay scripsit:

> I thought ["feral"} referred to wild introduced species; in Australia, you can
> talk of feral plants (unlike weeds, these can be trees). We also have
> feral camels in the Northern Territory :)

I'v never heard the expression "feral plant", but it doesn't confuse me.  As
for your camels, they are feral stricto sensu; that is, they are the wild
descendants of domesticated camels.  (Truly wild one-humped camels have
been extinct since before historic times.)

--
In politics, obedience and support      John Cowan <[log in to unmask]>
are the same thing.  --Hannah Arendt    http://www.ccil.org/~cowan