My logic lecturer pointed out that while 'Mary loves John' and 'John is
loved by Mary' mean the same thing, 'everyone loves someone' and 'someone
is loved by everyone' mean different things and so concluded that you
can't apply 'subject' and 'object' to 'everyone' and 'someone'.

Is that true? Then what would you call the everyone and someone? If not,
what's happening?

--
Tristan                  <[log in to unmask]>

Yesterday I was a dog. Today I'm a dog. Tomorrow I'll probably still
be a dog. Sigh! There's so little hope for advancement.
                -- Snoopy