Date:    Sat, 23 Aug 2003 16:17:38 -0400
From:    Christopher Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Weekly Vocab 19

1. thread (n.)---Pukuta
A thread hangs from my shirt.
Pukuta a pususuru u putamu cha kinumu.
thread does dangle @ basis is shirt.

2. to sort---Pamupamuki
I sort my clothing by condition and style.
Pikani a pamupamuki surangi chi pikani u manuka cha simiti u cha manangi
mutiri.
I do categorize clothing of me @ criteria is state_of_repair @ is trend
design.

3. boy---Karita mawaruki (male+child) ; mikira misatu (youngster+mister)
There's a grubby boy staring through the window.

4. sandwich
If I paid him, perhaps he would make me a sandwich.

5. shadow
"The barriers between us have collapsed, and we have become...our own
shadows."

6. to burst
When will this boil burst?

7. dwarf
A one-armed dwarf throws dice along the wharf.

8. to sail
The SS Sycophant is sailing to the other side of the world.

9. cattle
Cattle clutter its decks.

10. to twist
The strong man at the circus twists iron bars every night to the applause
of his audience.