On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 11:29:44 -0400, John Cowan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>> Greetings,
>
>BTW, in English "Greetings" is used only when meeting, not when parting.
>Back when the U.S. had a military draft, it was used at the beginning of
>the letters that told you that you had been inducted, and for people of
>the right age, just saying "Greetings" carries the full connotation of
>"Your ass belongs to us now."

Ooooooops! Sorry for that one. As you can easily imagine,
I had no idea of the bad taste of "greetings". ;-)
It must be an equally bad habbit as to start
something very unpleasant with the words "Wunderschönen
guten Tag!" in German... and with a cynical smile on the
lips. *g*

I wish you all the best... hoping that does not have
a bad connotation, too. *hehehe*

Harald