On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 21:23:30 +0200 Andreas Johansson <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
> What's a blog?

from http://new.blogger.com/about.pyra:

What is a weblog/blog?
A blog is a web page made up of usually short, frequently updated posts
that are arranged chronologicallylike a what's new page or a journal.
The content and purposes of blogs varies greatlyfrom links and
commentary about other web sites, to news about a company/person/idea, to
diaries, photos, poetry, mini-essays, project updates, even fiction.

Blog posts are like instant messages to the web.

Many blogs are personal, "what's on my mind" type musings. Others are
collaborative efforts based on a specific topic or area of mutual
interest. Some blogs are for play. Some are for work. Some are both.

Blogs are also excellent team/department/company/family communication
tools. They help small groups communicate in a way that is simpler and
easier to follow than email or discussion forums. Use a private blog on
an intranet to allow team members to post related links, files, quotes,
or commentary. Set up a family blog where relatives can share personal
news. A blog can help keep everyone in the loop, promote cohesiveness and
group culture, and provide an informal "voice" of a project or department
to outsiders.

To see some examples of different types of blogs, see our Blog of the
Week archive.
<<<

--
   __                         __     ____ ____
  / /  ___ ____     ___ ___  / /__  / __// __/

"boys speak in rhythm
and girls just lie."
  -- anberlin - "foreign language"

"i put out disco's inferno in the early eighties
i would not be in a boy band, punk gets all the ladies
i could take the backstreet boys or hanson or n'sync
britney spears and ricky martin, we all think you stink"
  -- trendy - "punk rocker"

narav teraz' iroti
kojes krat erarota
kuna, ysivaz' entas