In the languages I know of, noun-genitive syntax seems to correlate with noun-
adjective, and similarly genitive-noun with adjective-noun. Is this
a "universal" tendency, or just an artifact of the smallish sample?

I'm wondering because I'm trying to decide on Meghean's behaviour on this
point. Of course, to complexify matters, Meghean uses noun-genitive syntax, but
possessive pronominal clitics go before their nouns (as in _me-ghean_, lit "our-
words").

                                                        Andreas