Regarding accented characters etc., I've often had minor problems with
them, but since I started getting messages in digest form, it's been
MUCH worse (though from some people they still seem to come through
fine).  And in messages from Christophe, I now find a whole lot of
equals signs followed by numbers which make it very hard to read, as in
the following: