Isidora Zamora scripsit:

> Orthodox Christians do not
> cremate those who have fallen asleep for this very reason.  It's not that
> God cannot resurrect a body which has been completely destroyed, as by
> modern methods of cremation, because He can, but it is shows disrespect to
> God to go to a great deal of trouble to destroy something that you know He
> is planning to use again.

It will be destroyed in any event, unless the general resurrection comes
within a century or so.

> But you are right that even people who do not have the reasons that I do
> for having cemetaries have a psycological attatchment that causes them to
> care about graves.

My family has always cremated its dead (for the last few generations
at least), and we feel quite strongly about it for various reasons.

--
Principles.  You can't say A is         John Cowan <[log in to unmask]>
made of B or vice versa.  All mass      http://www.reutershealth.com