--- Nokta Kanto <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I've wondered about, but never actually made, a
> language for a
> chameleon-like creature that can make patterns and
> textures on its skin.
<snip>

I did this with B-G-2-3 (Blue-Above-Green-Below) some
years back.  In appearance they are somewhat akin to
the Horta of Star Trek fame, but they speak by
varrying the color and pattern of their skin.  I chose
to write the language by assigning a one-letter code
to each color and a one-number code to each pattern.
There was some thing akin to onomotopoea in the color
choices of some words others seem to be utterly random
assignment.  Unfortunately, etymology is a science
that never developed among the B-G-2-3ese.

Adam

=====
Fached il prori ul paņeveju djul atexindu mutu chu.
-- Carrajena proverb