On Saturday, November 29, 2003, at 01:43  AM, Jörg Rhiemeier wrote:
> My "Q" artlang, BTW, started with such speculations.  The original idea
> was to create a modern-day descendant of Sindarin, assuming that
> Quenya and Sindarin had actually been spoken in some distant past
> (the inspiration came from a Tolkien fan fiction story about Elves
> that linger in the modern world); however, it soon took a different
> direction as I developed my own style and introduced elements that
> were independent from Tolkien's languages.

> Jörg.

The fan ficition story that inspired you to make Q sounds interesting;
is it someplace accessible on the internet?

-Stephen (Steg)
  "all i want is the world, and everything for me
   you can rattle off your talk, all that matters is what i see
   if you break me down, selfish desire is all you'll blame
   cause desperate times call for desperate measures
   and i am not ashamed
   oh it took me a long time for me to come to this
   and i have chosen my path
   i am (only for) me..."
      ~ 'eden' by guster