--- Wesley Parish <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> a new conlang has reared its ugly head in my
> conworld of Yhe Ghye-Ineat, The
> World of Light, blood dripping from its mouth
> from its latest kill, and the
> sweetest smile upon its dial.
>
> Its name is above - to wit:
> esa       emban                wa       waesa
> this/the  speech/language of/from  -or
> (preposed actor particle)
>
> nkhara   goshu
> to hunt   free
>
> The speech/language of the Free Huntresses.

Whenever anyone uses a curiously moded word like
huntress, we have to ask about the L1 it's
translated from. The interlinear notes only agent
particle plus infinitive yields noun. Is the
feminine basic a normal feature of this language,
such that the male form is especially marked? If
there are any, how is "male hunter" realised?

> The most interesting feature is that it has a
> CVCV pattern for verbs - nkhara

Suppose that N is not syllabic here!

> So there are
> some stories about their adventures and
> misadventures and the establishment
> of the first midwife when it became apparent
> that that was where the power lay ... ;^)

Interesting! You'll have to tell us more about
these power wielding midwives.

Padraic.

=====
la cieurgeourea provoer mal trasfu ast meiyoer ke 'l andrext ben trasfu.

--

Ill Bethisad --
<http://www.geocities.com/elemtilas/ill_bethisad>

Come visit The World! --