--- John Cowan <[log in to unmask]> screeved:
> Costentin Cornomorus scripsit:

> > Try dividing the phrase differently: a "grey
> > beard" is an "old man", thus, an "effeminate
> > old man".
>
> Nope, I checked.  The reference is to the
> beard, not the man.

Hm. In that case, I can't help thee!

> Chesterton apparently does think that a beard
> can make a man
> look effeminate, if it's the right kind of
> beard.  Bizarre.
>
> > > About as reasonable as saying
> > > "She had rather masculine breasts."
> >
> > Seen a few of those, too.
>
> Yeah, but you are a medico-type; you see all
> kindsa weirdness.

Well, you get used to it after a while! It's not
so weird anymore. ;)

> Her he asked if O'Hare Doctor tidings sent from
> far     John Cowan
> coast and she with grameful sigh him answered
> that      www.ccil.org/~cowan
> O'Hare Doctor in heaven was. Sad was the man
> that word  www.reutershealth.com
> to hear that him so heavied in bowels ruthful.
> All      [log in to unmask]
> she there told him, ruing death for friend so
> young,
> algate sore unwilling God's rightwiseness to
> withsay.   _Ulysses_, "Oxen"

!!

Padraic.
--
When Doctor Johnson heard the news he soon put on
shoes; he said this is an urgent case there is no

=====
la cieurgeourea provoer mal trasfu ast meiyoer ke 'l andrext ben trasfu.

--

Ill Bethisad --
<http://www.geocities.com/elemtilas/ill_bethisad>

Come visit The World! --