--- David Barrow <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> You can if you know how : -)

Since they have the same form, this is made
difficult. It's like with the a- prefix. Which of
the half dozen antecedants it really represents
is cloudy.

> both gerund an present participle end in -ing
> but present participle originally ended in
> -ende

Yeah. If we still retained the distinction here,
the task would be much simpler.

> >Except I don't understand it as a noun there,
> >exactly: not "a lot". It doesn't make any
> >sense
> >to me that way. Hm.
> >

> What do you understand it as?

Um. Not exactly a noun. I know what "lots" are,
they're nouns. I'm a little less certain of what
"alot" is, though.

Padraic.

=====
la cieurgeourea provoer mal trasfu ast meiyoer ke 'l andrext ben trasfu.

--

Ill Bethisad --
<http://www.geocities.com/elemtilas/ill_bethisad>

Come visit The World! --