Tristan McLeay scripsit:

> [T]here is a word spelt 'alot', and Google
> finds almost four million uses of the word, well more than some
> established words which no-one would whinge about (no doubt because it's
> current in American English, whereas 'whinge', say, isn't).

Indeed, when I first saw "whinge", on the Net, I thought it was a mere
typo for "whine".

There is a discussion of "alright" going on in a parallel universe
*very* close to this one....

--
John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        [log in to unmask]
To say that Bilbo's breath was taken away is no description at all.  There are