On Sun, Dec 28, 2003 at 09:26:45AM -0800, Costentin Cornomorus wrote:
> Whatever else a fuckative may be, it's an
> emphatic infix. As far as I can tell from the few
> uses I've heard, you can stick just about
> anything in there.

Except you can't.  The word "fucking" is the only universally-infixable
fucative, in fact.  Most other emphatics are infixable only at the
phrase level rather than the word level, as in "the [holy/fucking]
fuck/hell/shit" (of course, "the fucking fuck" is generally eschewed as
redundant, but it's not grammatically invalid).

-Mark