In a message dated 2003:12:31 03:02:01 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

>Andreas Johansson scripsit:
>
>> Tangentially, I've heard that some SEAsian peoples consider Chinese to
>> be "white".

    And Indonesians have a stereotype of Chinese that reads like the worst
Semitic ones; it is no bleedin' wonder the Chinese in Indonesia say that they
feel like they are "the Jews of Asia." (And some actually are part
Russian-Jewish - their parents or grandparents being from wild, crazy decadent 1930's
Shanghai...)

    The 1st coupla months I was in a small sad lil Texas elementary school -
in the mid1960's - I was classified as "White." They only had "White",
"Negroid," and "Latinate" classifications at this particular point in educational
history in this cultural and ethnic backwoods.
    So I was a "honourary White" for awhile, but sure wasn't a "model Asian",
hehe...

>I wonder what they think of Europeans - perhaps "red"?

    Accordin' to my Uncle Kai from Borneo, EuroAmericans fall under a colour
that can most easily be translated as _pale-moon-bone-white_. There is a also
an _ash-white_ (greyish) and _corpse-white_ (blue-green white). And yes all
these white colours have spooky connotations.
    Amongst the ex-cannibal headhuntin' Sukei tribals, mothers say to their
kiddies: "If you don't eat/behave like a good lil Sukei, ya'll turn White." No
bloody wonder they are the hardest to hard-sell anything from "Civilization" -
esp'ly anything white.
    My Uncle Joe, who is in Borneo and is a chief owner of a eco-tourist
hotel, trade & supply co., says his kids thought Darth Vader was the Good Guy not
Luke Skywalker becuz of this whole colour semantics thingie. "They been
hanging out with the Sukei kids a little too long... Loosing our bleedin'
distinctive Sino-British heritage... AiYaH!"

---///// __/_//_/ __/_//_////// __/_//_/ __/_//_/

_Nom de Guerre et Nom de 'Nick'_: Hanuman "Stitch/626" Zhang
AIN Resistance partisan code name: "Z23-4C"
    WOGeR (Wiley Oriental Gentleman/Rogue)
    BBC (BritishBornChinaman)
        Avatar of Sun Wu K'ung, a.k.a. Sun Wukong, a.k.a _Ma-Lau_ ("Monkey
King")
        a.k.a. "TricksterGod of the Glorious Anti-Imperialist Chinese Boxers"
            ˇˇˇ  TricksterShapeShifterIncarnate  !!!  >^..^<           ';'
       ;P~~~
    "one o' dem best-est & bright-est a' de bottom o' de barrel"
    <A HREF="http://www.friendster.com/user.jsp">Friendster - zHANgster</A>

=>  om hung hanumatay rudratmakai hung phat  <=
    mantra to Hanuman the Hindu Monkey TricksterGod

    "I rather be whole than good." - Carl Jung

<=  thee prIs ov eXistenZ iz aetern'l warfaer 'N' kreativ playf'llnizz...  =>
    "Mea typo, mea typo, mea maxima typo... "

"Life is all a great joke, but only the brave ever get the point."
                                            - Kenneth Rexroth

googolgigglabyte
goegolgiechelbijt  - of - met een vette megagrijns
GoogolGekicherByte
googolrisibyte ===> el byte de la  risita de googol
googolrisadinhabyte ===>  o byte de risadinha de googol
googolspassoctet
guugoIllolbijt
gugolhihibajt
gugolngisibayt
okukolkikikol
egúgelegigalibaith
kiletstroknolyadgigabaiti
cimacimakekehapi
baitakhakhweifayatrauni
ufi'auayinisuguguluarkhar
pokatra oemadroabhethetre
inarevuta yhiyhayhake nawyo
AnekoMeppathmoTtilvatelmDiggulgyttahat
va'i utne tuktukt'ishushukuko`g tuk  go`go`o`gwgaga
ggsngngsbd [gugulaNexebidi]

http://www.boheme-magazine.net