On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 14:45:42 +0100, Andreas Johansson <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:
> Quoting Garth Wallace <[log in to unmask]>:
>> I was using it to mean a verb without any core arguments (like in "It's
>> raining", except ═lion doesn't use a dummy subject). I think I picked up
>> the term from the Amman-ţar site. I have no idea if it's a legitimate
>> grammatical term.
>
> I call such verbs in the Klashic languages "zero-valent". I've likewise
> got no idea whether that's kosher terminology.

On a quick glance _Describing Morphosyntax_ doesnt appear to discuss these
at all (it has a section listing "weather verbs", but no explanation or
technical terminology for them).

I spose the safest term would be "invalent"... or, to metaphor, "noble
verbs".

        *Muke!
--
http://frath.net/                  E jer savne zarjÚ mas ne