In a message dated 2003:12:28 10:52:50 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

>--- Gary Shannon <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> I'm sure Chaucer
>> would have been offended by the way Shakespeare
>> spoke
>> and I'm sure Shakespeare would be offended by
>> the way we speak,
>
>I don't know about that - I bet at least
>Shakespeare would find our speech a wonder to be
>plundered.

    Most in-duu-bit-ly... Probably why I associate Shakespeare with theivin'
magpies of language...

---  ` ,, ` ,, ` ,, `  ` ,~->

Hanuman Zhang, Sloth-Style Gungfu Typist
"the sloth is a chinese poet upsidedown" --- Jack Kerouac {1922-69}

"Chance is the inner rhythm of the world, and the soul of poetry." - Miguel
de Unamuno

    "One thing foreigners, computers, and poets have in common
is that they make unexpected linguistic associations." --- Jasia Reichardt

    "There is no reason for the poet to be limited to words, and in fact the
poet is most poetic when inventing languages. Hence the concept of the poet as
'language designer'."  --- O. B. Hardison, Jr.

"La posie date d' aujour d'hui."   (Poetry dates from today)
"La posie est en jeu."             (Poetry is in play)
                --- Blaise Cendrars

= gw'araa legooset caacaa!
    reez'arvaa. saalvaa. reecue. scoopaa-goomee en reezijcloo! =

[Fight Linguistic Waste!
    Save, Salvage, Recover, Scavenge and Recycle!]