In a message dated 2003:12:27 11:06:13 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

>Quoting Costentin Cornomorus <[log in to unmask]>:
>
>> --- Gary Shannon <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> > The simple fact of the matter is that you will
>> > not find "alot" in any English dictionary.
>
>> There's alot of things tha won't find in the
>> dictionary! Get used to it!
>> :)
>
>> I like that notion of alot being a quantifier. In
>> this usage, it is clearly not the noun "lot"
>> though it's related.
>
>Ah, someone on my side!

    I can imagine _alot_ becomin' some type of particle in the not too
distant future.
Mayhaps /@:l@d/, /@L_ht/... or even /h_hL'd/... or /@L/- sorta pidgin-like,
like like the somewhat recent urban slang evolution of Tok Pisin's _plenti_ to
_'enti_.

--- *DiDJiBuNgA!!* ---

Hanuman "Stitch" Zhang, ManglaLanger (mangle + manga + lang)
http://www.boheme-magazine.net

     Language[s] change[s]: vowels shift, phonologies crash-&-burn, grammars
leak, morpho-syntactics implode, lexico-semantics mutate, lexicons explode,
orthographies reform, typographies blip-&-beep, slang flashes, stylistics
warp... linguistic (R)evolutions mark each-&-every quantum leap...
languages are "naturally evolved wild systems...
So language does not impose order on a chaotic universe,
but reflects its own wildness back." - Gary Snyder

"Some Languages Are Crushed to Powder but Rise Again as New Ones" -
title of a chapter on pidgins and creoles, John McWhorter,
_The Power of Babel: A Natural History of Language_

= ˇgw'araa legooset caacaa!
    ˇreez'arvaa. saalvaa. reecue. scoopaa-goomee en reezijcloo! =

[Fight Linguistic Waste!
    Save, Salvage, Recover, Scavenge and Recycle!]