Mark J. Reed scripsit:

> A mistype on my part.  I meant "open source", not "public domain"; the
> intended contrast was with the original vi editor, whose source code
> is proprietary.

Actually, it isn't.  It contains AT&T and Berkeley source code: the latter
is licensed under the BSD license, whereas the AT&T code belongs to one
of the Ancient Unix versions, licensed by Caldera under a close variant
of the BSD two years ago.

--
John Cowan  www.ccil.org/~cowan  www.reutershealth.com  [log in to unmask]
In might the Feanorians / that swore the unforgotten oath