Thank you all for the warm welcome. I have several things to say in response to everyone, though at the moment, I don't remember who said what, and I don't have time to check. Apologies in advance.

First of all, I much appreciate all of the root generation systems. They seem very useful. I have one question about them though: How do you convert numbers between different bases quickly? I know a very long, complicated way to do it which I used for Deniedergy, but that's long and complicated. Plus, it only works for moving to smaller bases. (Deniedergy has a base-5 number system, which I realized later is kind of a pain in the butt. This is probably due to the fact that all logic works against any number system but our own for most practical uses. If I'm not mistaken, no other base can have any form of working decimal system.)

Also, I appreciate the X-SAMPA chart. However my primary problem was not that I didn't have access to the conversion tables, but rather that I don't understand the sound descriptions. They don't tell me which sounds are which in terms which I could possibly understand, such as "This symbol represents a as it is pronounced in Spanish," or the equivalent thereof. So if anybody could give me some of the basic sounds, I would be very appreciative.

Marty Rosenberg
I'M KING OF THE... Oh, wait... I'm not king of anything.

Do you Yahoo!?