On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Mark J. Reed wrote:

> Does http://thereeds.org/frog.php look right in your browser?

No, it has the ]> and &schwa; is written in full.

> On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 09:46:03PM -0500, Mark J. Reed wrote:
> > > Hmm... well, try <http://zsau.firespeaker.org/frog.php>. It's working fine
> > > for me (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20031125
> > > Galeon/1.3.11a).
> >
> > That works for me, too.  But when I save it locally or on my web
> > server (Apache, which is giving the same HTTP headers as yours except

You sure? The content type header is coming through absolutely properly?
It's text/html if your browser doesn't explicitly say it can support XHTML
(otherwise it might say it doesn't support it and offer to save, which is
perhaps the correct thing to do, but most HTML browsers should be able to
pretend it's HTML well enough), so if you're checking with wget or
something, you'll be misled then.

--
Tristan