In a message dated 2004:01:12 11:36:49 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

>On Monday, January 12, 2004, at 04:09  PM, John Cowan wrote:
>
>> J Y S Czhang scripsit:
>>
>>>         If the human brain was any simpler than it is, it would be
>>> way too
>>> far complex for us to even ponder pondering it  ;)  intriguin'
>>> paradox that...
>
>I missed Hanuman's original posting, and I haven't been following the
>thread. Is this a comment inspired by my current sig file?

    Even I am not sure at this point... it's a pretty common musing amongst
any human living up to the title of _Homo sapien_.

In a message dated 2004:01:13 12:09:26 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

>JYSC> If the human brain was any simpler than it is, it would be
>JYSC> way too far complex for us to even ponder pondering it.
>
>DE> I missed Hanuman's original posting, and I haven't been following the
>DE> thread. Is this a comment inspired by my current sig file?
>
>DE> If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so
>DE> simple we couldn't.
>DE> - Lyall Watson
>
>I don't know if your sig was the reason for JYS Chang's posting, but
>the two statements differ.  I agree with his version; I don't agree with
>Mr. Watson's, which implies that we are incapable of understanding the
>brain at its current level of complexity.

    ::tux tails in bows::
    Hmmm, I must done that subconsciously - be more generous than Watson...
Truly shockin'!!! I am an optimist when it comes to our silly lil planet-rapin'
species ;)
[The Anti-Civilizationists/PostHumanists I know might wanna beat me up for
this "pro-human trangression," LOL...]

    "Humans are bad animals." - William S. Burroughs

In a message dated 2004:01:12 10:57:04 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

>Well I've been either a Taoist or a Buddhist or both
>for at least my last five lifetimes, and maybe longer.

    ::curbs tongue from commentin' on sloth-like slowness, remembers
it's not how fast one achieves any thing... but how well...::
    A White Witch doctor friend of mine did past life regression hypnotherapy
on me.
She said I was a French Marquis fighter/thief-killer/ex-Legionaire, commited
suicide rather than fight for de Gaulle's Resistance, and thus was re-born as
a German Shepherd guard dog in Buchenwald.
    Odd idea/story and at least I was not anyone famous ;) or even infamous.
If possibly true, it also explains my inordinate fondness for brie, Dada and
existentialism, hehe...

In a message dated 2004:01:13 01:19:44 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

>If reality is, in
>fact, a hallucination, it doesn't change the fact that you can't change
>the hallucination.  You can't avoid the consequences of your actions by
>"waking up".

    So any ways... I got a lotta bad karma to make up for - including stuff I
have done in _this_ life that is more shocking than previous... ::trails
off::  never mind...spillin' too much of me bleedin' guts here...
    ::choked-up:: Shit! Honestly, is this _guilt_? _remorse_? or what?

Z., bad naughty animal who waaaay too proudly thinks he runs more on brains
and guts than emotions and feelings (goin' cold-turkey off psych meds sux...I'd
rather be dope-sick...no, I don't...)