Christophe Grandsire wrote:

> En réponse à David Barrow :
>

>> The Spanish equivalent of I'd like is 'me gustaría' (conditional)
>> Yo quisiera (imperfect subjunctive) = (if) I wanted
>

> That's incorrect. "yo quisiera" is very much a commonly used
> expression equivalent to "I'd like". The imperfect subjunctive is
> quite often used in Spanish with some verbs in place of the
> conditional ("yo querría" in this case). It's very common.
>
> Christophe Grandsire.

But quisiera is more uncertain, more polite, so in most instances
gustaría works better

me gustaría saber = I 'd like to know
¿Te gustaría venir con nosotros? = Would you like to come with us?

¿Quisiera usted un café?  = Would you like a coffee
asked in a polite environment such as a restaurant

Si quisiera, terminaría esta noche  = If  I wanted, I'd finish tonight

David Barrow