Depends which country's Romany you mean. British Romany tends to be spoken
rather than written, and I guess this applies to a lot of other variants.
But Britishers will have heard Del Boy in 'Only Fools and Horses' forever
saying that something is "Cushty" - this was the way it was spelt in the
subtitling - whereas I'd spell it 'Kushti' (Romany for "Good"). When I was
little, some relatives used to offer me "Kooshies" - sweets. Certainly with
BritRom there has been a lot (some would say too much) assimilation by
English; and you shouldn't believe everything my fellow Norfolkian George
Borrow wrote either.
Mike

> Talking about Romany, does anyone happen to know how to pronounce its
> orthography?  I tried looking around the internet a while ago (it was
> probably around Holocaust Memorial Day), but I couldn't find anything
> about how to read it.  I think I was specifically looking for how to
> pronounce "Porrajmos"(?), the Romany equivalent of "Sho'ah".
>

> -Stephen (Steg)
>   "dos iz nit der šteg."

---