En réponse à Tim May :

>http://mysite.freeserve.com/butsuri/clusters/clusters.html
>
>Christophe, you might want to listen to these and see if they sound
>less monosyllabic than the recording you heard.

I've listened to them, and indeed in those recordings the epenthetic schwas
are definitely here. They are not the recordings I once heard (in the
recordings I heard, I remember how I was surprised that "vprtskvni" was
really monosyllabic.

>   It might be that we
>just have different tolerances for what we perceive as a pure cluster
>(Tristan, who I sent them to before, agrees with my impression).

And I agree with you too. But I'd be surprised if those recordings were
really from a native speaker. After all, even *I* can reproduce "vprtskvni"
as a single syllable :)) .

Christophe Grandsire.

http://rainbow.conlang.free.fr