I am one of those who started learning Esperanto at a relatively young
age. The first time that I saw a text in Interlingua I, on the other
hand, thought that it could give me more than can Esperanto. I know that
there are much more Esperanto speakers in the world, as there are
English speakers, and English has the advantage of having millions of
native speakers who will tell you what is correct English.

People all around the world learn English enthusiastically, even though
it is a Western language and very "Eurocentric". The funny paradox is
that English can be seen as neutral in many places, e.g. in Finland!

Why do I stick to Interlingua as well I can? Because it gives me an
independent platform. I don't have the same constraint on me as when
trying to write in English.

Amicalmente

Kjell R