--- In [log in to unmask], Ray Brown <ray.brown@F...> wrote:
> On Saturday, January 24, 2004, at 07:25 PM, Andreas Johansson wrote:
>
> > Quoting Christian Thalmann <cinga@G...>:
> >> *Volutus in solo ridens meas nates ab*
> >
> > This looks more like Latin - I don't understand it!
>
> It ain't - you can't have prepositions prepositing nothing in Latin!
> (i.e. you can't have "ab" at the end likr that!!)

In other words, it's pure-blooded Dog Latin.  =)

I would have attempted something like |abridens| in a slightly
more serious context...

As for |volutus| -- I wanted to translate "rolling", in the
intransitive, active sense, but my dictionary gave me |volvi|
for intransitive "roll".  Is there a more appropriate form
than |volutus| for the desired meaning?  |Volutus sens|,
perhaps?  ;-)

> *Volutus in solo       ridens   meas nates    ab*
> Rolled   on the-floor  laughing my   arse/ass off
>
> >> BTW, I'd use "futuenter" rather than "copulandus".
>
> 'futuenter' derives an appropriate verb, and is a real doggy
formation  :)

What would the real adverb derivation from |futuens| look like?
|Futuentiter|?  |Futuendo|?

> > That's to say _copulandus_ is correctly formed? If so, yay me!
>
> Not only is _copulandus_ correctly formed, the formation is literary
> and the verb far too polite.  No self-respecting dog would ever use
> such a form    ;)

Hmmm, on second thought, I should have used |culum| rather
than |nates|.  =P

-- Christian Thalmann