Philippe Caquant wrote:

> Yes, but what you describe is more pragmatic then
> semantic. It goes beyond the bare meaning of the
> sentence. The border between semantic and pragmatic is
> of course not a very precise one. I think that "to
> take home" doesn't mean "in order to have a drink, or
> sex, or anything else", although what we know of human
> society codes could suggest it. But it is possible to
> take somebody home without any idea of that sort
> underlying.

But, it is still ambiguous.  Who's home?  Is it "I know who I want to
take me to MY home" or "I know who I want to take me to THEIR home"?
I'd assumed it was the speaker's home, but I could see it being the
other's home.  The ambiguity is there with or without any sexual or
other implications.

--
"There's no such thing as 'cool'.  Everyone's just a big dork or nerd,
you just have to find people who are dorky the same way you are." -