On Monday, January 26, 2004, at 08:44  AM, [log in to unmask]
wrote:

> I also like this system (which is a natlang one, but I forget the
> relevant natlang), for people who like duals:
>
>                 singular        dual                    plural
> 1p              I               I and another           I and others
> 2p              thou            thou and another        thou and others
> 1p+2p           ------          I and thou              I and thou and
> others
> neither         another         two others              others

Shoshoni:

1p                ne              neweh                   nemmen
2p                ennen           meweh                   memmen
1p+2p             ------          taweh                   tammen
3p                suten           suteweh                 suteen

Note the striking parallelisms: (e)weh 'dual', mmen 'plural'. The third
persons are actually demonstratives which are used as pronouns as
needed.

Dirk
--
Dirk Elzinga

"Speech is human, silence is divine, yet also brutish and dead;
therefore we
must learn both arts."                                      - Thomas
Carlyle