Hey.

On my shelf here at work I have a Reverse English Dictionary which does
just this; it's fun to look through.

I also have a 20,000 item English word list which contains for each
entry its transcription, number of syllables, stress pattern, spelling,
part of speech, and frequency (according to Francis and Kucera). I
wrote a little perl script that I use to search it for patterns of
various types. Very handy.

Dirk

--
Dirk Elzinga

If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so
simple we couldn't.
- Lyall Watson