On Saturday, January 24, 2004, at 07:40 AM, Philippe Caquant wrote:

[snip]

> - Haec est a╬ronavis 'Alpha Delta' vocans Novi Eboraci
> a╬roportum ! Quemadmodum me audis ?
> - A╬ronavis 'Alpha Delta' a Novi Eboraci a╬roportu: te
> valde et clare audio. Unde venis et quo vadis ?
> - Novum Eboracum ab A.D.: Londinio Novum Eboracum,
> altitudine pedum triginta milia, cursu duo, septem,
> quinque), in nubibus volans.
> - A.D. a N.E.: Radari contingeris...
> etc, etc.
>
> But we'd better no joke on that subject by now, I
> don't want to end in jail...

OK - some of the vocab's modern, of course, but the
Latin's grammatical!

It ain't 'Dog Latin', which must be
barbarous - just plain ol' modern Latin, official in the
Vatican City, if nowhere else.

Ray
http://home.freeuk.com/ray.brown
[log in to unmask]    (home)
[log in to unmask]   (work)
"A mind which thinks at its own expense will always
interfere with language."         J.G. Hamann, 1760