E f+AOk-sto Pavel Iosad <[log in to unmask]>:
>> <<I know that -u is the 1st person singular suffix (from PIE -o:).>>
>
> Well, it is quite unclear where the Slavic *-o+AH4- comes from. I have seen
> hypotheses like *-om, with syllabic _m_, which yiels -*omm > *-o+AH4-m
> through emergence of nasal vowels and then > *-o+AH4- via loss of final
> consonants.

Sihler puts it as from -oH2, with the -m from the secondary endings added
on, in the same manner as Indo-Iranian [and ObConlang: Kirumb, also] added
primary -mi to it.

This -o:-m > -o+AH4- is supposed to be parallel to the eH2-stem accusative
-a:m > -o+AH4- (i.e. +AX4-eno+AH4-)

        *Muke!
--
http://frath.net/                  E jer savne zarj+AOk- mas ne