Quoting "<Wilhelm Ulrich Schlaier>" <[log in to unmask]>:

> i was just thinking and i dont know if any one has said this yet bet if
> english was standardised it would make relating what we are trying to make
> the
> words of our conlangs much easier.

Somehow, I don't see that argument persuading a few hundred million people
changing their daily speech habits, nor goverments to enforce a world wide
Standard English in schools.

But the problems I run into trying to translate conlang terms rarely involve
variant English usages - more typically, the conword is not coterminous with
any word in any English.

                                          Andreas