H. S. Teoh scripsit:

> Note that the pronoun "you" here isn't marked as subject the way an
> accusative mindset would have it; rather, the subjective marking is on the
> object of the imperative verb. This is because Tamahi places the
> subjective marking on the noun of interest ("garden") rather than what
> would be the subject of the sentence in an accusative context.

This is either a topic marker ("as for the garden, look at it"), or a
focus marker ("it's the garden you should look at"); I can't tell which
from your description.  Calling it a subject just makes things confusing.

--
Real FORTRAN programmers can program FORTRAN    John Cowan
in any language.  --Allen Brown                 [log in to unmask]