Roberto Rosselli Del Turco wrote:

> Hmmm, I'm afraid I'll have to delve deeper in this schema/RelaxNG stuff:
> any pointers to introductory documents? Thanks in advance.

http://www.tei-c.org/P5/ has a section at the end of links
to web sites about Relax NG. There is a good simple tutorial
on the main relax site, or you might like to purchase
Eric van der Vlist's new O'Reilly book on the subject
of RelaxNG, which is comprehensive.

I have yet to meet anyone who has looked at Relax NG, in its
XML or compact syntax, who does not say "hey, this looks
pretty easy and readable".

The other day I had to revise a set of slides for teaching
here about doing extensions to the TEI; the lesson used to
be about using the pizza chef and how to write extension
files. I was struck by just how byzantine the DTD all is,
and now obscure the notation is - the idea that sometimes
you say "% foo" and sometimes "%foo;", for instance....
--
Sebastian Rahtz      Information Manager
Oxford University Computing Services