On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 13:41:39 +0000, James Chandler <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Our tripartite IAL movement is taking us nowhere.  Unless the three major
>systems start to converge in, I would say, the next couple of years,
failure
>is inevitable.

Pardonu me, ma kuo tu signifikas per "falii"?  Tambone, me posturas ke
per "tria magiora sistemoi" tu signifikas Esperanto, Ido, ed Interlingua?

Pardon me, but what do you mean by "failure"?  Also, I assume that by "the
three major movements" you mean Esperanto, Ido, and Interlingua?

>It's Crunch Time, time to stop playing petty games and face up to what is
at
>stake: if we fail we leave the door wide open for English, with all the
>devastating consequences that will have for linguistic and cultural
>diversity.  I fear that the EU is preparing to betray its citizens by
>imposing English as a common eurolanguage.

Itere pardonu me, ma kuo tu signifikas per "mikra ludoi"?  Tambone, Angla
estus devastanta kuale (ne ke me ne kunkordas a tu)?

Again, pardon me, but what do you mean by "petty games"?  Also, how would
English be devastating (not that I disagree with you)?

>It's time to let go of past grievances and think about the future.  Dump
all
>the useless ballast that keeps the balloon on the ground: the silly
>circumflexes, the cxuijn tuijn kiujn's, the ojn's and ajn's and ujn's, the
>sxtr's and nkc's and sc's, the mutilated and articial word forms; the
>archaic spellings and Vulgar Latin roots, the multiple conjugations.  Let's
>ditch all this once and for all and converge around a language acceptable
>all.

Tu definate dicas de Esperanto.  Ma Esperanto havas multipla konjugoi ube?
Plu importanta prego: sempre estos linguo ke estos aceptebla a totoi?

You're definitely speaking about Esperanto.  But where does Esperanto have
multiple conjugations?  A more important question: will there ever be a
language that is acceptable to all?

>If we dont initiate this process in the very near future the inevitable
>consequence is Failure.   It will be time to put the chairs back on the
>tables.

Itere kun falii.  Ka tu aktue pensas ke tota mundo sempre adoptos singla
linguo?

Again with the failure.  Do you really think that the whole world will ever
adopt a single language?

Amike,
Rob