--- Trebor Jung <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Merhaba!
>
> Could anyone give me a list of verbs classified
> as transitive or intransitive (or both)?
> English transitivity is confusing, since verbbs
> are so flexible. I have a language where I'm
> distinguishing this feature but don't know
> which verbs are which; only some, like 'sleep',
> are obvious.

Well, any verb that takes an object is transitive
in that sense. So, "sleep" is transitive when it
is used with, for example, pullman cars (rail
coaches that have beds): "this pullman sleeps
36". The passengers in that pullman simply
"sleep", and in that sense it is intransitive.

Padraic.

=====
k‚su Ůomklyu tsrasi&#347;&#347;i &#347;šk kšlymentwam!
    -- Punyavantaj‚taka

--

Ill Bethisad --
<http://www.geocities.com/elemtilas/ill_bethisad>