Pavel Iosad scripsit:

> > > _att_ and _och_ as [o] are surely something I've heard not once.
> >
> > Really? That rather surprises me, act'ly, esply the later.
>
> Oops. I meant, I really have heard them, and pretty frequently at that.

Interesting.  In English, "not one" unqualified is an emphatic way of
saying "none" (indeed "none" < "ne one"); in order to capture what you
meant, you must say "not (just) once but many times/often", or something
of the sort.  Are things otherwise in Russian?

--
John Cowan  [log in to unmask]  www.ccil.org/~cowan  www.reutershealth.com
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing